For Richmond residents only.
Test your knowledge of Michael Ondaatje's In the Skin of a Lion by entering our Trivia Contest and win a prize!
You can pick up a paper copy of the 6 question contest form at any Richmond Public Library branch or fill out the form online at www.yourlibrary.ca/obfc. This contest is suitable for teens and adults.
Looking for the book? Borrow a digital copy (always available until August 21) or we have extra print copies available at all branches.
Other One Book, Four Cities summer reading activities for adults and teens:
- Do you want to discuss In the Skin of a Lion with others? Join the One Book, Four Cities Online Forum Book Club beginning July 12 and discuss the book with readers from Richmond, BC, Qingdao and Xiamen, China and Wakayama, Japan. Free and easy to join at bookclub.yourlibrary.ca
- We are proud to welcome Michael Ondaatje, who will join us live on Thursday, August 19 for a virtual author interview! Registration details coming soon.
- Take part in the Summer Book Search! Beginning on Wednesday, July 7th, check RPL's social media at 11:30am for clues to finding a free copy of In the Skin of a Lion, hidden somewhere in Richmond! One book will be given away to the lucky finder each Wednesday until August 11th.
These events are presented in partnership with the City of Richmond Sister City Advisory Committee.
One Book, Four Cities Trivia Contest Rules
- Contest duration: June 30 - August 21, 2021
- This contest is sponsored by the Richmond Public Library and is open to adults and teens ages 12 and up.
- Entrants under the legal age of majority are eligible to win provided that the winning entrant’s parent or legal guardian accepts the prize on their behalf.
- One prize will be awarded to the first entry judged correct from a random draw. The judges’ decision is final.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. To be eligible, forms must be complete and all answers must be correct.
- Employees of Richmond Public Library are not eligible to enter.
- The winner must be able to pick up their prize at a branch of the Richmond Public Library.
- Prize includes a RPL bag, books (Michael Ondaatje’s Warlight
and The English Patient) and gift card.
- Prize is not exchangeable for cash.
- Personal information that is collected will only be used for its intended purpose.
- When the winner comes to pickup the prize staff will take a photo and Richmond Public Library will share the winner’s photo, first name and the correct answers on social media.
- Winner will be announced the week of August 23.